Yogurt (Curd) is a dairy product and is made from milk. It has around 80% casein protein and 20% whey protein.
Some people may have a question arising in their mind ‘Is it bad for you or not?’ Well to put it simply the answer is no. It is 100% safe and have no side effects. Additionally it has tons of nutrition and health benefits. Even if you are lactose intolerant you can consume yogurt as it has very less lactose.
Benefits of Yogurt:
1. Healthy Bones: It has calcium, vitamin B-2 and B-12 which are very important for healthy and strong bones. Daily recommended calcium is 1000mg out of which you can easily get 300mg from a single serving of curd.
2. Digestion: If you are facing digestion problems then it is very beneficial for you. It has probiotics which helps in relieving the gut by restoring gut balance and thus improves digestion.
3. Reduces IBD: It also helps in reducing the Inflammatory Bowel Disease which is faced by many people.
4. Controls Blood Pressure: It helps in controlling blood pressure.
5. Helps in Vaginal Infection: It is one of the benefits of yogurt for females. It helps women suffering from vaginal infection to get rid of it naturally.
6. Protein: It has casein and whey protein. Casein protein also helps in absorption of important minerals like calcium and phosphorous.
7. Relieves Constipation: It helps in reducing diarrhoea and constipation as it is rich in probiotics.
8. Anti Cancer: It has anti-cancer properties and thus can help in preventing stomach and colon cancer.
9. Weight Loss: It helps to burn fat and promotes weight loss.
What are Probiotics?
- Probiotics are good bacteria which are healthy for us.
- These are very important for our gut.
- If we have deficiency of good bacteria in the gut or digestive tract it creates digestive problems.
- Body must have good bacteria for proper functioning.
- Due to infection good infection reduces inside the body.
- So, 1-2 serving of yogurt or curd can help in restoring the good bacteria in the body.
Yogurt: Macros, Nutrition and Calories:
- 100g Whole Yogurt: Cal: 70g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fat: 3.5g
- 100g Low Fat Yogurt: Cal: 56g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fat: 2g
- 100g No Fat Yogurt: Cal: 36g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fat: 0g
How Much Yogurt To Eat Every Day:
- Curd has 60% of saturated fat and approx 35-40% Mono and Poly Unsaturated fat.
- If you eat once a day then you can eat whole curd but if you eat more than once then it is better to prefer low fat one, as whole yogurt can increase the saturated fat intake.
- You have have it twice a day.
- Try to eat it unsweetened and plain. You can add fruits if you want.
Best time to eat Yogurt:
- It can be consumed at anytime whether in the daytime or night time.
- As it is has casein protein which is slow digesting protein do not consume it pre and post workout.
Disadvantages of Yogurt:
- None. It has no disadvantages.
Facebook: Health Mutant