In today’s world hormone imbalance is a major problem faced by many all around the globe. Compared to males extent of imbalance is more in females. This article will provide you all the information about hormonal imbalance and how to balance hormones.
Whenever we talk about hormones we talk about testosterone, estrogen, insulin, thyroid, leptin, cortisol etc.
Causes of Hormone Imbalance:
- Change of lifestyle
- Improper diet
Hormone Imbalance symptoms in males and females:
- Quick weight loss or gain
- Hair loss
- Hair thinning
- Short temper, mood swings
- Low libido
- Infertility, irregular periods
- Problem with digestion
This problem is faced by a large number of population especially women. A lot of women are struggling against insulin and thyroid imbalance which makes life very hard.
If you are on medication and injections for treatment, your imbalance will not get cured and will only be controlled. And on the long run these drugs will create a ton of other problems inside the body like heart and liver problem.
Medications effect your liver drastically. So what to do? Here is a hormone balancing diet plan for you to naturally fix the problem so that you do not have to rely on medication drugs. Medication is only a temporary solution as it never cures the root of the cause. While on the other hand food and nutrition cures the problem from the root, though it takes time because it natural, it is permanent.
Natural remedies for hormonal imbalance:
- Add Healthy fats: Add healthy fats to your diet like polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, omega3, omega6.
- Balance omega 3 and omega 6: If you are using a lot of cooking oil then it is all omega6, so reduce the intake of omega 6 and add omega 3 to the diet which is present in fish, seeds, nuts, avocado etc.
- Do regular physical exercise: It helps to reduce the cortisol levels (a stress hormone) in the body. Because of busy and stressful life Cortisol levels will be at a peak and the serotonin hormone levels (a feel good hormone) will be low. This Cortisol and Serotonin imbalance is fixed by workout.
- Get enough sleep: Some people do not sleep enough or they have sleeping problems, which can be one problems of increased cortisol levels. So it is important to get at least 7-8 hour sleep as hormones are balanced during sleep only.
- Cut down cigarette, alcohol & caffeine: Alcohol and cigarette drops your testosterone levels and raises insulin and cortisol levels, excess caffeine causes imbalance. So it is recommended to cut down alcohol and smoking and restrict caffeine to 200-300mg/day.
- Add Vitamin D: Add vitamin D to your diet. Recommended daily intake of vitamin D is 400 IU/day for children and 2000-4000 IU/day for adults.
If you follow above steps then it will help you to fix the hormonal problem. So start following the above natural home remedies for hormone imbalance treatment and you will definitely see results.
See Also: Healthy Fats
Facebook: Health Mutant