Lassi also known as buttermilk is one refreshing drink which is used all over India and many other parts of the world. It is made from yogurt or curd, water is added to it and then it is blended in a blender. Apart from taste it has tons of health benefits.
- In 100gm
- Around 83 calories
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B1, B2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin C
Benefits of Lassi:
- Aids Digestion: It is rich in probiotic which means it contains lactobacilli which is good bacteria required by out gut. It lubricates intestines and improves the digestion. Thus it maintains the bacterial balance in the gut.
- Good for Stomach: It has good bacteria which are beneficial for stomach. It prevents constipation, stomach bloating and various other stomach problems.
- Rich in Probiotics: It promotes the growth of good bacteria in the stomach and reduces bacterial imbalance in the gut. When bad bacteria is more than the good bacteria in our gut then there is bacterial imbalance and digestive problems occur.
- Good for muscles: It is rich in protein thus helps in muscle building and helps our muscles recover from fatigue.
- Healthy Bones: It is high in calcium and Vitamin D thus promotes healthy and strong bones. Vitamin D helps our bones to absorb calcium.
- Boosts Immune System: It is a very good source of lactic acid and vitamin D which strengthens the immune system and helps it to fight diseases more effectively.
It is recommended that you make lassi in your home. Do not go for packed lassi or the one which is available in the shops. Packed lassi have preservatives and chemicals added to it so it is not good for health. Also the one which is available in the shops have a lot of sugar added to them for extra taste which is also not good for health. You can add a pinch of salt and cumin seeds to lassi.
See Also: Benefits of Yogurt