We all love Coconut water and it is one of the trending beverages now-a-days. It is used all over India especially in summer days. It is a lot better choice in comparison to other packed beverages or sodas out there.
Nutrition of Coconut Water:
In 100gm of water there are:
1. 19 cal
2. Negligible protein and fat
3. 2.6gms of natural sugar and a gram of fiber
4. It has a lot of electrolytes like potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, manganese and zinc.
5. It also contains antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C.
Benefits of Coconut Water:
1. It is high in electrolytes like magnesium and potassium. Electrolytes are very important for the body.
2. Natural sugar present in it is important for athletic performance.
3. It prevents dehydration and keeps you hydrated for long time.
4. Magnesium present in it helps in reducing stress levels.
5. It helps to control the blood pressure level as it is rich in potassium.
6. It is low in calorie so aids in weight loss.
7. It helps in relieving hangovers.
8. It reduces the tension in muscles.
9. It lowers bad cholesterol which is LDL and increases good cholesterol i.e. HDL and thus it is very beneficial for heart.
10. It is very good for skin as it is anti-ageing. It contains lauric acid which is anti-microbial and protects skin against infections.
Facebook: Health Mutant