Flaxseeds are the most healthy seeds on the planet. These are also called Alsi in India. It is a plant based food and is total vegetarian. Adding Flaxseeds to your diet is very beneficial for your health. Macros: 10gm provides about 4.4gm fat, 3gm fiber and 2gm protein.
Benefits of Flaxseeds:
1. It is highly rich in omega-3 which is very essential for the heart and brain. 1gm of grounded flaxseeds gives you approx. 1.5gm of omega-3.
2. It reduces the cholesterol problem by lowering the LDL and raising the HDL levels.
3. It has anti-oxidant properties and is anti-inflammatory.
4. Protects you from heart stroke.
5. It is high in fiber, so relieves constipation and improves digestion. Whether you are building muscle or losing weight digestion is of utmost importance.
6. Fiber makes you full which suppresses food cravings during fat/weight loss.
7. It has no simple carbohydrates(sugar) so it does not cause an insulin spike. So it is also good for diabetes.
8. It helps in controlling blood pressure.
So as you can see flaxseeds have tons of benefits. So adding 1-2 spoons of flaxseeds in the diet is very good for health.
Facebook: Health Mutant