Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apples. Apples are first crushed and then fermented using yeast. So the sugar present in apples is converted to alcohol. Then bacteria are added to the alcohol and the final product which we get is Apple Cider Vinegar.
It is high in acetic acid(CH3COOH) and is highly acidic. It is different from white vinegar which is a cheap quality vinegar and is made from grains.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
- It acts as a cleaning agent for our body. It helps to clean any kind of infection, bacteria, fungus etc inside our body.
- It reduces blood pressure. Lets say, if you are eat processed foods then your insulin spikes which results in blood pressure spike. Adding apple cider vinegar along with the meal helps in reducing 34-35% blood pressure spike.
- It is good for diabetes as it helps in balancing insulin.
- Lowers bad cholesterol which is LDL as it is anti-oxidant, thus prevents oxidation of body by LDL particals.
- It also helps in weight loss as it keeps you full and thus reduces food cravings.
- Cleans intestines, prevents tumor/cancer and improves immune system all thanks to its anti-oxidant properties.
- It also improves gut health.
- It gives you vibrant and glowing skin as it contains alpha hydroxy acid (removes old dead skin cells).
1-2 spoons (15-30mL)/day.
You can also add water if you want. Best time to take is early in the morning or 10min after lunch. Do not overdose above the 30mL limit.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar:
It is totally natural so it has no side effects. It can be taken by anyone irrespective of age and weight.
How it is Different from White Vinegar?
White vinegar is made from grains. White vinegar is used in food shops, hotels as salad dressing, in food items etc. It is meant to be used for external purposes like removing rust from iron, cleaning old doors etc. While, apple vinegar is used for health purposes like infection, body detox etc. White vinegar is transparent while apple vinegar has the color of apples.
Facebook: Health Mutant